Monday, May 18, 2009

Term 2


Well, the school holidays have been over a little
 while now.  The week has begun again. Sigh! I do
 like my job, although it's quite exhausting! One other cool thing about it is that there is always a break in sight. Not too shabby! It gives you an incentive to work hard while you're there. Today at work there was a photo taken of all the stu
dents and staff at the school - That's over 1200 people! It was an interesting morning.  Getting all the kids up on the scaffold 
and in line took almost two entire periods!

We're doing poetry with year 8 and year 10 (after the year 10 exams, that is).  It should be fun.  Tomorrow I'm going to play some music in the class to teach about tone and mood, yay!

On a more serious note, we said goodbye to two good friends, Jack and Larni, who have recently left Perth to experience some exciting adventures, and will possibly settle in Europe. They will be missed a lot, things here won't be the same. To say goodbye everyone celebrated at Flying High. Dave and I deejayed for one of the 1-hour slots, it was great fun. We all went out after, it was a great night. I hope they have a blast on their travels.


Last weekend was great, it was JP and Kerry's engagement party, which was beautiful.  Also, that morning Dave and I went surfing with some people, which was something different and great fun.  I wasn't very good and I swallowed a lot of salt water and sand, but had a blast.



Dave and I are contemplating going away somewhere over the next break.  It is only 2 weeks, and I would like to be in Montreal for my Dad's 60th, but it does not make sense to go at that time.  I would rather go when I have more time, and celebrate with Dad next time I see him.  I hope that some people can come and visit me here! So far nobody aside from my parents have really put any effort into making the trip.  Anyway, Dave and I are considering Vietnam.  Got to go see about places and prices! What a great 4-year anniversary celebration that would be!

In other news, Dave is doing really well this year in the DipEd course, I think that's fantastic.  He's got his second prac coming up, and he should do well there. I am very proud of him!

NOFX are touring with Bad Religion and they're in Perth in September.  I got two tickets, but people here don't seem to be too crazy about going, so looks like Dave's going to have to come with me. We'll just have to rock out on the night. Haha.

Will write more later.


No comments: