Friday, February 1, 2008

The week so far

Good 4 day week. Work was okay, it was the same as always with not much to report. Thursday night Dave and I went to the Luna outdoor cinema to see a screening of the Joy Division documentary, which was great to see. We walked home from Leederville and it was a beautiful night.

When I got home from work last night I was a little down about everything. I had gone to the doctor and since I am not eligible for medicare yet, it cost me a lot of money and I didn't get what I wanted out of the appointment. I started to think about that, and moving house soon, and our visa, and work and possible school and just became very stressed and teary. Dave as always was amazing and supportive and made me feel so much better.

I got some news a few minutes after when I was checking my email...ECU (Edith Cowen University) wrote me to tell me that I have been accepted into their Graduate Diploma of Education program!!!!! Provided the visa gets sorted out, I start at the end of Feb/beginning of March and finish in December. It's an intensive program, and at the end I am qualified to teach high school!!!!!!!!! It's all just so exciting, and I can't wait to embark on a challenge and have a change. It's something that I'm actually pretty scared to do, but I really want to just dive into it. It's time to take that step, to grow up and do something that fulfills me.

Dave, Jack and I had champagne to celebrate; Jack just started working at RTR as well, so that was another celebration! Larni came over and we had a great time sitting on the deck, hearing the sounds from the Police concert, and then watching Beavis and Butthead episodes until bedtime.

The weekend is still going - tomorrow is Big Day Out! Should be a great day. I'm off!

No comments: