Thursday, July 17, 2008

Highlights

So here we are, I missed so much time writing in here that I'm afraid I'll have to Tell everyone what's been going on in brief snippets. They won't even necessarily be in order - I'll just write as I remember.

A few weeks ago Big Dave had his 30th birthday and to celebrate, he threw a big party; the theme was "A Night at the Playboy Mansion" It was an amazing party - the girls were in cocktail dresses or Playboy Bunny outfits, the guys in 70s style suits, pyjamas or robes. Hors d'Oeuvres and cocktails were being passed around. It was a great night with great people.


Dave's band, Mrs Henry had their EP launch over Easter Weekend at the Velvet Lounge, and it was a real success. They recently got into the Next Big Thing band competition, and also made it through the first heat! They are playing this saturday to determine who goes into the finals.

Navin is coming back on Sunday from a big trip around India and Europe. Larni is travelling in India. Busta went to visit Liz and Rowan in the UK and travelled.

Our friends Taryn and Eddie had a lovely party to celebrate the first birthday of their daughter Raajni.

We had our housewarming party on Walcott street, it was great fun. Here's a pic of a few of the girls (side note: we all decided independently to cut our fringes, it was pretty funny):


I'm booked to go on a visit to Montreal, I arrive on December 15. Dave's going to be there too, For Christmas, he's also going to the UK to see his sister, some friends and go to his cousin's wedding (I was invited too, but I can't go. booooooo.) I'm really hoping to see Matt, Brian and my cousins from Western Canada, I miss them so much.

Dave and I bought a digital piano, and I've been loving it. I've found a lot of websites for sheet music, and I'm re-learning old tunes as well as learning new ones. Dave has also been learning to play, it's great!

On downtime, Dave and I have been into the Sopranos, and now, Six Feet Under. Yay, stories! Haha.

The last party hosted by the girls on Bagot Road was the "Bitches, Bastards and Badasses" party. Dave and I went as Gordon Ramsay and Courtney Love. I loved Gaby's Robin Hood costume the best I think. Lou and Larni went as the wicked stepsisters, Kat was a ninja and Mel was Uma in Pulp Fiction. Their new place, a house of 4 girls: Kat, Gaby, Lou and Sian held a "Dessert only" dinner party. Delicious!

Last week Dave and I went out to the Sparrow with Nat and her Mom, who is visiting her in Australia, it was really good to see them.

The Winter Music Festival came and went, this year it was horror themed. That was pretty cool.


Last weekend was Dave Cutbush's birthday at Shape, and it was a good night, but I ended up drinking like a bottle and a half of champagne, so the next day wasn't so great. And I punched Jack. Never again! It was silly of me.

That's all I've got for now. Lots of great days and nights, and more to come.

No comments: