Friday, September 11, 2009

The Days of Our Lives



It's Saturday! Having a little snack of rock melon and yogurt, The Flinstones is on TV, it's raining outside and cozy in the house.

In store for tonight: possibly a board games night, or dinner and a movie with Dave. Last weekend was a bit of a weird one - Dave got picked up to MC the Nation Campus Bands competition Friday and Saturday night. We were on the Flying High roster to deejay Saturday night, and I did that one by myself - it was actually a lot of fun, and I think I played a really good set! It was fun hanging out with Cutter and the gang, and Dave showed up to say hi when he was finished his MC job. We've had some quiet weekends lately - It's winter, we've been having some cozy movie nights, a board game night with Lou, Kok, JP and Kerry...One bigger party that was on was Ash, Kat and Kok's triple birthday party. It was great to see everyone, and Liz is back from the UK!

As Perth warms up, things start to get busier! The last day of school is September 24, and NOFX/Bad Religion are playing that night! Over that long weekend starting Friday, a bunch of our friends have a house booked in Yallingup. We're going to have lunch at a winery, and a murder mystery night among other things. The next weekend Dave and I are deejaying and I'm going to celebrate my birthday. I figure that I can't make it go away, so might as well have a party and see friends! The next week is Spring in the Valley on Sunday and the Kill Devil Hills are launching their new CD. Of course, all of that time during the two weeks there's no work! Yaaayyy! I think I'm going to get myself a bit more organized during the holiday - work on my piano parts for the band, get some sleep, do some writing.

When the holiday ends, the final term begins. I only have my year 11s for half the term, which is pretty cool. After the end of the 4th term, it's summer holidays. Mom and Dad are going to try to get up here for a visit. I really hope they can make it, I always miss them so much.


No comments: