Wednesday, December 16, 2009

School's Out For the Summer!

Well I survived. Survived what? My first year of teaching! I do admit, I'm a little proud of myself. There were some hard times, but some great times too. I'm going to miss a lot of the kids who I won't be teaching next year.

So since I love lists, I'm going to list some of my favourite memories from this year in teaching. As I think of them I will add more. So, in no particular order, of course:

1. Getting thrown into going on year 8 camp in the second week of work, getting to know the year 8s in another place, other than La Salle College.
2. "Anne Hathaway was Shakespeare's wife? But...How...is she still alive?"
3. STOMP costumes and day of fun.
4. All the funny stories from the kids and their lives.
5. Listening to music with the year 10s in the last week.
6. When certain students would thank you for a good lesson/term/unit.
7. Seeing the things you say appear in essays, assignments, etc.
8. Feeling like you've earned that weekend!
9. Kids opening up to you about what's going on with them.
10. Being told I was in serious consideration for the LAC assitent job.
11. Having honest talks about drugs and dangers with the year 10s, and that they were comfortable enough to talk to me.
12. When Dave and Katie decorated my room and desk with Canadian things on Canada Day.
13. Taking pictures with the kids on the last day.


No comments: