Monday, July 25, 2011

Bunbury? More like FUNbury!

We were sad to leave Margaret River. It's just so serene and lovely, especially in a great place like Willy Bay Resort. But at least the holidays weren't over!

The drive to Bunners was short but pretty stormy, which wasn't the most fun for Dave. But before we knew it we were there with a nice cup of tea and a movie. Maureen made delicious soup and we ate it with garlic bread and afterwards she put a tasty cheese plate together with strawberries and cherries. We watched "Bottle Shock", a better movie than I thought it would be, and appropriate with our Margaret River wine! We had some Cointreau as well. When Maureen and Allen turned in Caroline, Dave and I sat around and chatted and Caroline took a whole bunch of notes about wedding plannning!

The next day looked a little rainy but we braved the outdoors and went for a walk along the beach and up Bunbury's lookout tower. After our walk we decided to head to Mash Brewery to have some cider and beer, then back to Haig Crescent for steak, potatoes, salad and wine. We also played some Movie-title themes charades, yay! Weirdly though, while watching "40-Year-Old Virgin", I started to feel really hot, and when Dave and Caroline looked concerned (and maybe a bit weirded out!) when they looked at me, I ran for the mirror and discovered that I was covered in a weird, blotchy, scarlet rash. It started on my chest and spread across my entire body! Thankfully, it was gone within a couple of hours, but I still don't know what caused it. Maureen said it was probably something I ate, and that seems likely because I was pretty sick that night.

Because of my stomach I was up a lot at night so I slept in a lot. Dave, Caroline and Maureen had a big breakfast, I sipped on some soup and felt a bit better. We chatted and soon enough it was time to drive back to Perth. Dave said he'd drive (again!) and I was thankful for that. It was a relaxing time in Bunbury - I didn't want to leave!

Even though being back in Perth meant the holidays were coming to an end, it was still nice to arrive home. I told Dave I'd run to the front of the house and unlock the back door from the inside, but I was in for an unpleasant surprise...I tried my key, but found that the lock we didn't have keys to had been bolted. We couldn't get in. Because we'd been away, our phones were dead. It was Friday evening, after 6 PM. Such bad timing. Luckily, our next door neighbor Claudia was home and she let us use her computer and phone. We reached our real estate agent, who reluctantly met us and gave us the keys. Finally, at almost 8:00 we were in.

That night we went out to Lido and then out for a couple of drinks and Clarences and Defectors. Ran into Marc Nesbitt and hung out with him a bit. Good night!

No comments: