Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend in November

It has been a great weekend.

To officially celebrate our visa coming through, Dave and I went to Cantina for dinner on Friday night. Cantina is a small cafe restaurant with a limited menu, mostly home made, that they change pretty regularly. I had a gnocci that was the best I have ever tasted.

After dinner we both felt like dome DVDs at home - and not any serious, 'film festival' type DVDs. We wanted something silly. My half kidding attempts to rent Mama Mia! or Made of Honour were not successful, but we agreed on Y.P.F. and both pretended we didn't want to watch You Don't Mess With the Zohan but rented it as well. Y.P.F. (Young People Fucking) was quite entertaining. It was silly, with lots of nudity. Perfect, haha! Zohan was perhaps the dumbest movie I have ever seen (and I have seen a lot of stupid movies: Elephant? Good Burger? Destricted? May? Date Movie? Okay, okay. It wasn't as bad as Date Movie.) Some of it was fun, but the accents drove me up the wall, the jokes were either toilet humour or pointless, and the casting, particularly of the "Arab" girl was awful. Oh well. It actually made me want to watch some of Sandler's older, more fun movies like Billy Madison or The Wedding Singer. We had a fun DVD night. And Dave has not seen Billy Madison. I think he's in trouble.

Saturday night was heaps of fun. And there will be more to come soon.

No comments: