Monday, November 24, 2008

The Final Countdown

I hope that from reading the title of this post you are envisioning a certain Arrested Development magician doing his tricks – no, illusions, perhaps on a boat. If you weren’t picturing it before, you are now.

Okay. That’s out of my system.

As of today there remains TWO WEEKS before I leave for Montreal. There are THREE DAYS left before I am a qualified English teacher. It’s crazy.

I had my final evaluation by my university coordinator today. It went really well I think – even though I’ve taught tons of lessons I always get nervous when it’s time to be seen by the coordinator. She gave me a couple of tips, but told me she was really happy with what she saw, and that I was “Highly Competent” to "Outstanding"! After today I have only two more classes left to teach this week. I suppose this week at school I’ll get my papers organised, make photocopies and observe some classes. Wednesday night there is a year 11 river cruise I might go to. Thursday night Dave is playing a solo gig in West Leederville, it should be a good night. Sometime this weekend, either Friday or Saturday, the girls from the English department, myself and the other prac student, Nicola, are going out for some drinks, yay!

I have next week off. My plan is to keep on top of all the cleaning, shopping and cooking, since Dave will be at work full time. Other than that, I’m looking forward to a week of reading, playing piano, doing a little Christmas shopping and taking in a bit of season three of Desperate Housewives!

No comments: