Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Arrival in Montreal



With the time I had off, it was easy to get all packed up early.  Jack drove me to the airport, and Dave came to say goodbye, or really,see you soon. I got to Perth airport early, and there isn't much to do there, so I was pretty relieved when it was time to board the plane.  The trip was long of course, and was smooth and mostly uneventful, which is good. The only problem I had was that there seemed to be screaming babies close to me all the time.  I got no sleep, but was so thankful for the headphones with volume control!  Seriously though, it's not the fault of the little kids, but the parents on this plane would simply ignore their kids and allow them to disrupt everyone. The kids in the seat in front of me were yelling, throwing thingsand climbing over the seats. Hm.

I arrived in Montreal, and it was dark already and so cold! It was quite a shock, considering I hadn't experienced a Canadian winter since 2005.  Mom, Dad and Logan arrived to pick me up (and bring me a winter jacket too!)  The snow was coming down in barrels, so much that it took a half an hour to get home, when it usually takes 10 minutes tops.

We got back to Bowling Green and it was pretty amazing to see the house - I hadn't seen it properly finished and set up, and it's beautiful. I especially love the kitchen! My room was lovely, big, with a soft, comfy bed and a wardrobe...with clothes and shoes in it!  Mom had got me stuff, at the bazaar and along the way during the year. Yay! What a great surprise.  I tried on a bunch of stuff, and then Tara got back from work.  We all got Harveys and rented "Step Brothers"...but I couldn't stay up, I fell asleep in the first 10 minutes. 
Looking very amused by getting all bundled up for the cold weather...

No comments: