Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Time Is Here


I was feeling really good on Christmas Day. The night before, we had a blast making cookies and cinnamon buns, listening to tunes. Afterwards, the gang watched “Beer Fest” and had some cocktails and beers, it was pretty fun. The game: when anyone in the movie drinks, you do too. It’s a dangerous game if not played carefully, which I did!

Clydes’ Christmas Eve party was on, and a whole lot of people I hadn’t seen in ages said they were going. I didn’t know when I’d see some of
them next, so Dave and I decided to rock up. The roads were made of ice and puddles that night – a walk that was supposed to take less than 10 minutes took more than 20. When we got there, there was a big lineup! It’s been a long time since I was staff over there, so naturally I didn’t really know anyone at the door. Dave and I decided to wait a little while, and if the line wasn’t moving, we’d leave. The line did move, and we got in. The place was an absolute zoo. Seriously, you could hardly move in there. Dave and I managed to get ourselves a drink, and manoeuvred our way through the place. I was annoyed because I didn’t see the people who said they were going to be there, and we were lost in a river of drunken Clydes regulars! Dave and I went to seek refuge upstairs, where it was more bearable. The one thing that was weird was that it was really hot in the place. To add to that, the coat check was full. Looking over the balcony, we didn’t see anyone we knew. We ran into Angus and a few others and they were drinking their alcohol out of some sort of Viking horn. We decided it was about time to leave. As we headed towards the entrance , I spotted Mikey. Yay! It was good to see him. Had a good chat, and then Dave and I took off. Seeing Mike meant the night out wasn’t a loss.

We got home and in the living room the Christmas tree was beautiful. It smelled so good, and it was lit up and decorated magnificently. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a nicer Christmas tree. Dave and I enjoyed the moment, sitting in the room lit with Christmas lights before going to bed.






Christmas morning was crazy. Everyone got happily spoiled – it’s a good thing I packed light! Ali made everyone Christmas cards, they were amazing. At the end of the present frenzy the entire floor space was covered with wrapping paper, it was such a sight.












For breakfast we had homemade cinnamon buns, bacon, juice...mmm mmm! I hung out and helped a bit around the house later on. I went upstairs that afternoon and Dave was fast asleep. Awwww.
The gang came over for dinner – Nana, Ann-Marie, Aunty Pat & Bea, Doro, Ali’s pal Jen and Brian. I can

say without a doubt that it was the best dinner I had ever tasted, complete with roast turkey, stuffing, potatoes au gratin, snow peas, Brussels sprouts, sweet potaoes, cranberries and gravy. YES!

My Dad said a grace, and I was surprised to feel tears in my eyes...we were remembering Papa. I wish he could have been there with us. I really missed him this Christmas.









No comments: