Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fun in the Summer



Friday Mom stayed in. Her neck was a bit shaky and she was fine with some relaxation. Dad, Dave and I went to City Beach. The waves were great! Usually I hesitate when it comes to swimming in the ocean if it's cold, but the waves made my decision - I couldn't miss out on that much fun! Beautiful, fun day. That night, Richard and Ash came over for dinner, I made a vegetarian pasta with Rose sauce. Mom gave Ash a bag of buttons, which Ash loved.

The next day the gang went to the Art Gallery. That night was Liz's birthday party. Dave and I met up with Renee, Owen, Rich and Ash, got take away from Goreng, and took a maxi taxi to the party. It was a great night, but weirdly cold! The punch was deceptively deadly, meaning the next day was a bit of a nothing day. dad whipped up a delicious lamb chop BBQ, and we watched movies.

Monday we all went to AQWA, which was incredible, I'm really fascinated by life under water. Afterwards we walked around Hillary's and had a beer at the Breakaway. That night we all went to The Sparrow for dinner. It was so much fun, Mom and Dad loved the food and of course, the owner and his jokes. Great night.

Dave was in the city the next morning, getting fitted for a suit - he's a groomsman at JP and Kerry's wedding. Mom, Dad and I went to Caversham! I love caversham. It still gives me a thrill to see an Emu. And I know it's lame, but I just love the bunnies. I tried to avoid looking at the sign that said I could take a wonderful bunny home for $20.00. We went to the farm show, and Dad got on the stage and had a go with the whip! It was great fun! I got frustrated on the way back because I missed my exit and kind of got lost. I have no sense of direction and I hate that. Mom and Dad were blown away by Stones pizza....mmmmmmm!

Mom, Dad and I wandered into Perth the next day, to look around and even do a bit of shopping, and Dave went rock climbing with Kok Wah. I took Mom and Dad to Utopia for some bubble tea, something that Dad resisted because of the sissy name, but he loved it! Yay! On the way back home we stopped into the Brisbane and shared a Pimms Cup, and now Mom and Dad are real Pimms converts! After we wandered home we all went for a tasty dinner at Koinonia, we had such a lovely time. We also checked out a new place in the area, Clarence's, and had a drink. Definitely a place I want to check out again.

The next day was Mom and Dad's last day in Perth. We went to the beach, and Mom swam in Australia for the first time. :). I was a little teary that day, because I knew Mom and Dad were leaving. After the beach we all went to the Brisbane for a Pimms Cup, then we had a picnic. Watched Mom and Dad pack, and she spoiled me by giving me beautiful Lancome and Dior, Armani and Betsey Johnson Perfume. Sat with Mom outside and talked, and bed was a little early, it was time for the airport in the morning.

I am so, so happy that Mom and Dad came to visit...I already miss them.


No comments: