Monday, January 4, 2010

The New Year



Maureen and Allen decided to come visit us in Perth for a few days and for New Years. On New Years Eve Dave made everyone a delicious green curry, and we all got dressed up, listened to music and drank champagne. For a celebration we went to the Upstairs bit at the Flying Scotsman, where Cutter and Pete were deejaying. We danced and brought in the New Year together. Unfortunately I overdid it with the champagne. I felt really bad about that. I wasn't feeling so well the next day. Maureen, Dad and Dave went to Scarborough Beach, while Mom and I stayed in and I had a nap. Mom made pasta for dinner, which was yummy.

The next day we all went to Fremantle. We took the ferry, which was fun. It was a very hot, sunny day, which I love. We wandered the streets, saw the Round House, ate fish & chips, walked through the markets and had beers and Mad Monks and Little Creatures. I really enjoyed Mad Monks, we got to try everything. Early in the evening we took the train back, had gin and tonics while watching comedy on youtube, had dinner at Goreng.

On the 3rd Maureen and Allen went back to Bunbury. Mom and Dad went to explore Kings Park. Things were a little tense for me; I tend to put a lot of pressure on myself and it had built up. Alex's surprise birthday party was on this day, but I was in no condition to go. Dave went with Jack and Nat, and I stayed home. It was good to be alone. I find I really need that periodically. I tidied the house and watched some trashy TV online and felt better. When everyone got back we had sushi and watched The Ugly Truth (terrible film!) and The Hangover (pretty funny).

The next day started off lazily, with a sleep-in and Mom, Dad and I hanging about the house. We were listening to Dave doing Morning Mag on RTR - he was really good! He deicated an Elvis song to us. Finally, we all decided to drive to Cottesloe Beach and see the sunset. What a great decision! It was beautiful. As the sun went down a familiar movement caught my eye in the bush and sure enough, it was a wild rabbit! Yay! then, as we walked back along the beach we passed amazing screaming trees filled with Rainbow Lorkeets. Dave took us on a driving tour of his old Uni haunts and we had Pide for dinner. Episodes of The Office at home followed before bed, a great day.


No comments: