Friday, June 5, 2009

How Much You Change

I got this idea from Suzanne. These are email survey questions, first answered by me in 2003.  I'm answering them again, in 2009...

My old questions are in red, the new ones in blue.

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?

Somewhere where it doesn't get cold, like Australia.

Well, looks like I got the Australia part right, because I live there now, although I have yet to build a house. And it does get relatively cold here, especially considering that the houses aren't heated.  Where would I build a house now? Either here in Perth or Montreal.


2.. WHAT'S THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?

Damn...I've been a bad girl lately with my downloading. It was probably either Eminem's last album, or NOFX: Ribbed. My old ghetto casette of that album broke.

I didn't buy Eminem's new album this time around. I think the last CD I bought was Patsy Cline.


3. WHERE'S YOUR FAVOURITE PLACE TO BE?

Clyde's. hahahahahahaaaaaa. Jus' kidding, suckas. For real? In bed. Now stop thinking dirty, I am talking about sleeping!!! haha. Other than that, I don't think it's really where you are, it's who you're with.

I still really like being in bed, especially when it's cold outside and you're snuggled under the covers. my favourite place to be? At home. And I still think it's not where you are, it's who you're with.


4. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE PLACE TO BE?

In a bad state of mind.

I agree with this.


5. WHAT TIME DO YOU AWAKEN IN THE MORNING?

I don't really wake up in the morning. haha. I usually wake up after noon. 

Wow, the life of a bar employee...Now on weekdays I wake up at 6:30. 


6. WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?

Dishonesty, not getting what I want or have worked/waited for (I know, I'm a brat), Ignorance with no desire to improve, waiting for the bus, myself in general sometimes, people in general sometimes, work sometimes, assumptions, etc...etc...

Not getting what I want no matter how hard I try and plan. Waiting for things. Being freezing. When the kids don't do the right thing. Wasting of time. Some past situations I still fume about.


7. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

I'd play the piano well.

I would still play the piano well. I would love to learn the violin and the guitar.


8. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Teleportation!

I would still choose teleportation, because I miss so many people, and it takes so long to get to them.


9. HOTTEST CELEBRITY?
Guys, you know my answer. The real Slim Shady of course!

Now I'm thinking more along the lines of Christian Bale and Paul Rudd.


10. THE FARTHEST YOU'VE TRAVELLED AWAY FROM HOME?

Dominican Republic!

I would say here, in Perth. But well, it is my home now. The questions gets tricky.


11. PRIVATE SCHOOL OR PUBLIC?

I never went to private school. I would say public, who cares about high school! 

"Who cares about high school"? Well, obviously the joke's on me at this point, because now I'm a high school teacher. And I care about high school.


12. ALTERNATIVE OR COUNTRY?: 

Alternative. Country is pretty much the only type of music that I really can't seem to get into.

I still like my 'alternative' music, but a couple of years ago I started getting into country music and I really like it now.


13. WHO MAKES YOU LAUGH THE MOST? 

Well, there's Sahira, and Christina and I can go on some hilarious tangents.

Dave can really make me laugh. There's Moe, Caroline, Gaby's a riot! I have not spoken to Sahira or Christina in years. Christina and I were going to get together last year but it didn't pan out. With Sahira, let's just say I don't want to go through that again.


14. WORST HABIT: 

Drinking, swearing and smoking.

Procrastination. I don't smoke anymore, and I wouldn't say my drinking is a "habit", since I don't drink very often.


15. WHO DO YOU WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WITH?: 

Obviously my family and good friends...Romantically, that has not been established!!

I would very happily spend the rest of my life with Dave. He makes me happy.


16. WHAT DID YOU DO LAST NIGHT? 

Well, I worked until a bit after midnight at Clydes, then I had a couple of Jack & Cokes, a beer or 2, then I went to my friend Eric's house and we watched some of "Platoon". After that, it's none of yo' business!! hehee. 

Wow, that's a person I haven't heard of for a long time. Last night I came home from work, made dinner. Dave and I watched a movie together, I did some marking and went to sleep. Now, I'm not that settled every night, but weeknights I definitely am. Tonight Dave and I are deejaying at the bar for a birthday party, should be great.


17. DO YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND?: 

Nope.

Yes, it's been almost 4 years.


18. WHAT ARE YOU SCARED OF? 

So much! Not getting a good job, losing people, the future in general, relationships…and bugs, there’s always bugs.

I'm scared of losing people. Of drifting apart from friends and family and not seeing them enough. Still afraid of bugs.


19. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GET MARRIED?: 

hahaha, me getting married, that’s funny.

It's less funny now I think. I would probably want to at my parents' place in Canada, where it could be beautiful, but lots of fun. I'm not into anything overly fancy, but I would like a good time to be had by everybody. Since I live here now, I would like to have some sort of celebration here as well.


20. IF YOU COULD CHANGE SOMETHING ABOUT YOURSELF?

I would stand up for myself more and me more self-assured.

I would still be more self-assured if I could. I constantly work on my shyness as well. I would be more decisive. I would stop procrastinating.


21. FAVOURITE BOYS' NAMES: 

um, Cameron, Gray, Kristof, Edward, Drew

I like James, Darcy and Thomas.

22. FAVOURITE GIRLS' NAMES: 

Nicole, Cameron, Anne, Nora, Nathalia

Elizabeth, Abigail, Anne, Jane, Laura.


23. EVER BEEN IN LOVE?: 

don’t think so

I am in love.


24. FAVOURITE ANIMAL: 

Bunnies!!!

Still Bunnies.


25. BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD: 

I don’t know what the “best feeling in the world” is yet I don’t think. But I mean, based on personal experience, I would say being with friends, walking outside on a summer evening, listening to beautiful music, being with someone you like, sleeping, etc……….

Being with the person you love. Seeing people you care about after a long time. Doing something you're proud of. Watching someone you love being happy. beautiful music, sunshine, rest, being free of angst.


26. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD: 

I don’t think I know the “worst feeling in the world” either. But again, I would say when you can’t get out of depression and it confuses you, when you lose someone, when you regret something…and when you are too drunk. Hehe.

Still don't know the 'worst feeling in the world;, thank goodness. I think it would be losing people you love, having your heart broken, feeling completely lost and unhappy with your life.


27. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU KISSED?: 

Hee hee, um, let’s just say his initials are E.B.

Haven't seen E.B. in...probably over 5 years. The last person I've kissed for the past 4 years has been D.O. :)


28. WHO DO YOU WANT TO MEET?: 

Eminem!!!! And Madonna.

Bret Easton Ellis.

29. WHO DO YOU MISS?: 

Renske, Sparkle, Cat, Jill, Cam

Same people as above, with my family and all my friends in Montreal and scattered all over Canada and the USA.


30. WHO HOLDS YOUR HEART:

Nobody. Ewwwww, imagine if someone actually held your heart? How would they get it?

Was I witty, or what? 

31. WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO MARRY? 

I can’t picture myself getting married.

I love Dave and can picture myself marrying him. I'm lucky enough to be with him.


32. GOT IN A FIST FIGHT?: 

I got in a fight in the 8th grade with this guy who was harassing my friend. I wanna fight, yeah

What was with me in 2003? I hate fighting, it's silly. And not ladylike.


33. MADE PRANK PHONE CALLS: 

I don’t know why, but prank phone calls really do it for me. I can’t make them myself cause I laugh hysterically, but I love watching others do it!!!!

I think prank phone calls are hysterical, and I have so many fond memories of Jill and I prank calling "Simba" or "Votarist"!


34. WHAT DO YOU CARRY IN YOUR BAG? 

My wallet (with cards, money, etc.), my cigarettes (Avanti or DuMaurier light), matches, my cell phone, L'oreal line Intensifique eyeliner, clean & clear oil blotting sheets, lip gloss (Lip Smackers Dr. Pepper and Lancome juicy tubes), a pen, a hair elastic, little mp3 player, a tampon, Dentyne Ice gum, a mini perfume sample thingy (right now Amarige by Givenchy). Give or take a few items.

My wallet, my phone, face powder, lip gloss, a pen, a hair elastic, ipod. I don't carry or smoke cigarettes anymore, there's a big difference.


35. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE THAT YOUR PARENTS ARE MOST PROUD OF? 

I don’t know…the school thing, quitting my job. Haha, I know that sounds weird.

Going out on my own to a new place, becoming a teacher, sorting myself out in most areas and making good choices for myself.


36. WHAT ONE THING WOULD YOU LIKE TO ACCOMPLISH IN YOUR LIFE? 

One thing? Man, I really don’t know! I would like to be comfortable and happy sometime.

I feel like I am happy now. I would like to write a book.


No comments: