Sunday, June 21, 2009

Two Weeks To Go!



Last week. It just dragged and dragged. Even though I wasn't even at work on Monday because I was sick, it was still a long, long week. Reports are due, and I need to write heaps of comments. Almost done! The kids are getting really restless - they are over it. The year 10s have had their big exams, then went off to a week of work experience. They were really unmotivated when they came back to school.  The year 11s had two weeks of exams where they had no classes. They are also annoyed with being back at school, and they are already apathetic as it is! Year 8s have been fine. Hopefully the atmosphere will be better next week. If I hear "Can we just do nothing today, Miss?" one more time...grrrrrrr!

Dave's done week 1 of his second prac, and he's doing really well. He had a surprise when he arrived Monday morning - his mentor teacher's father had passed away, and under the sad circumstances, she was going to be away for the week. Dave took all the classes, and really took control of the situation instead of doing what I think many people would do, which is panicking, calling the uni/prac coordinators saying they can't deal with it and/or demanding a change, or just getting a relief teacher in and sitting around all week. I was so proud of Dave.

Dave and I were considering going to Vietnam for the holidays, but have decided to stay in WA instead, and have a relaxing holiday down south. We're going to do Vietnam when we've planned it better, and hopefully travel from Hanoi down to Bangkok in Thailand for a few weeks. I'm looking forward to our holiday - we'll be celebrating our 4-year anniversary, which is fantastic.

Weekend was good! Friday night Dave and I went for dinner at Richard and Ash's place.  They're really great, it was cool to be able to spend some time with them.  Ash made a delicious lasagna, garlic bread and salad. We had some wine and I made white chocolate and honeycomb mousse for dessert. On Saturday Dave and I hung out, watched a DVD, Dave did some work on his music, I played some piano and did some cleaning; our bathroom was out of control! We went out for a delectable Japanese dinner at Yuzu right across the street and then we got ready and went to the upstairs bit at the Flying Scotsman - we had a 2-hour DJ set, wooohoooo! I think we played a really good set - lots of rock and roll, people dancing, no moments where the songs you've chosen just doesn't work. Dave and I take turns, we go song for song, it's really a great time. I look forward to the next time we're there, it's in a couple of weeks. Hopefully we can get some of our friends down for that one.

Oh, I'm not ready for a new week. But it's going to happen whether I like it or not!


No comments: